Australians love travelling, however many neglect to traverse our own beautiful and wondrous land before setting off overseas. With over 60,000 years of Indigenous history, and a diverse culture that has seen our little island become the fastest growing economy in human history, there’s plenty to see and do on Australian holidays. At Tick-it Travel, we have stunning holiday package deals and honeymoon packages all across the continent, giving you the chance to explore you own land like never before.
Australia Holiday Destinations and Deals 2017-18
- Population: 5.8 million
- Places of Interest: Melbourne, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Lakes Entrance, Echuca, Portland, the Great Ocean Road, Torquay, Anglesea, Bells Beach, Yarra Valley, the Grampians, Dandenong Ranges, Great Alpine Road
- Fun Fact: It’s the ride that never stops! Remarkably, the famous Scenic Railway at St Kilda’s Luna Park has never stopped since its creation in 1912, making it the oldest continuous roller coaster on earth!
The sporting and cultural capital of the world has a lot to live up to in terms of reputation, but Melbourne, and indeed greater Victoria, never disappoints for those on their Australian holidays to the garden state. Situated amongst the pristine hills at the foot of the green wedge, Victorians have formed and developed their own stunning experience. Victoria also has perhaps the most pristine stretch of beaches to be found anywhere else, with millions every year flocking to the seaside towns of Anglesea and Torquay to catch sun and surf.
New South Wales
- Population: 7.5 million
- Places of Interest: Sydney, Bondi Beach, Blue Mountains, Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, North Shore, Hunter Region, Lord Howe Island, Taronga Zoo, Lake Macquarie, Avoca Beach
- Fun Fact: In a bizarre twist of events, the opening of the Sydney Harbour Bridge was not conducted by the Premier of NSW, but by an overzealous man carrying a sword, on horseback, wearing military uniform. Even more outrageous was his successful appeal against his £5 fine and conviction, with the NSW government settling damages out of court!
There is no other destination in Australia that is so easily recognisable, and so renowned than New South Wales, and the state’s natural beauty makes it a mandatory stop on any of your Australian holidays! Sydney is the melting pot of hundreds of different cultures and nationalities, all of which have come together in a celebration of food, fun and fascinating festivals. There’s also something for those looking for the quiet life, with the Blue Mountains and the Hunter Valley, offering a pristine retreat from the hustle and bustle of the inner city.
- Population: 4.7 million
- Places of Interest: Brisbane, The Valley, Surfer’s Paradise, Gold Coast, The Whitsundays, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Dreamworld, Wet n’ Wild Theme Park, Whitewater World, Great Barrier Reef, Australia Zoo
- Fun Fact: Brisbane is well known as Bris-Vegas, owing to its fairly energetic atmosphere and culture. What is little known, however, is the original, Indigenous name for the city – Mian Jin – which literally translates to “Place that looks like a spike”. Whilst it isn’t as elegant, it does perfectly describe the particular shape of the Brisbane River bend.
Holiday Package Deals to Queensland will provide you with a remarkable, vibrant atmosphere that has endeared Queensland’s culture to millions across the globe. Perhaps the only place where you will be likely to bump into a Paul Hogan look-a-like, Queensland will have something for everyone – with the gritty urban culture of The Valley juxtaposed against the stunning scenery of The Whitsundays. Queensland is also home to one of the most diverse biospheres on earth, uniquely covering both tropical and arid climates.
- Population: 2.5 million
- Places of Interest: Perth, Rottnest Island, Northbridge, Fremantle, Cape Leeuwin, Swan Valley, King’s Park, Esperance
- Fun Fact: Perth has the unique distinction of being dubbed the most isolated capital city on earth, thanks in part to the wide expanses of the Indian Ocean, as well as the size of the nullarbor.
Once seen as too far to go to, Perth’s incredible rise in popularity as a tourist destination for Australian holidays, has made it one of the most talked about locations in the world, providing visitors with a unique blend of relaxation and bursting nightlife. A further trek up north for the brave will open up unchartered sands and seldom visited beaches and coves, whilst a drive down south will invite the keen tourist to Esperance – commonly referred to as one of the most beautiful places anywhere on the planet.
- Population: 1.6 million
- Places of Interest: Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Tailem Bend, Barossa Valley, Blue Lake, Adelaide Oval, McLaren Vale, Port Lincoln, Clare Valley
- Fun Fact: So confident were the town planners of Adelaide that their standing as the first convict-free city in Australia would lead to no crime whatsoever, that they neglected to provide space for a police building of any kind. The forecast of a perfect society was in vain, however, with Adelaide Gaol being constructed only five years later.
Famed for its wines, valleys, architecture and history, South Australia will also prove to be arguably the most beautiful place to visit in Australia. With scenes, such as the rolling hills surrounding the Darling River, as well as the remarkable nature of Adelaide itself, South Australia will have something to please everyone from all walks of life. The southern coast of the state, in particular, holds some of the best beaches in the country, as well as clear views of the captivating size of the Bass Strait.
- Population: 514,000
- Places of Interest: Hobart, Launceston, Burnie, The Highlands, Freycinet Peninsula, The Channel, Port Arthur, The 42nd Parallel, Huonville, Bruny Island
- Fun Fact: A tale of two cities, Launceston and Hobart’s sporting rivalry is well known to all, but did you know that the political battle over tariffs between the two cities almost sent the state into civil war in the 19th century? Relations became so strained that the locals of Ross – a town right in the middle of the two cities – built a stone wall to keep either city from attacking each other!
Long held as a very well kept secret, Tasmania has seen a sharp rise in its popularity as as tourist attraction for Australian holidays, with millions flocking to the tiny island to soak in all the sights, tastes, and sounds of Australia’s second oldest colony. Lose yourself in the thick, blackwood forests that dot the highlands, or be surprised at the clear blue waters and pristine sands of the southern coast, as Tasmania has it all. The state’s capital, Hobart, is also a treat for those willing to make the journey, with the finest seafood cuisine on offer, as well as a remarkable history.
Book your next trip with Tick-it Travel
Tick-it Travel has fantastic Honeymoon Packages and Holiday Package Deals, both here right at home and all over the globe. We have the best deals on USA tours, European getaways, Asian holidays and African adventures, each designed to provide you with the complete experience of our diverse and beautiful planet. Browse through our packages today, and let Tick-it Travel be a part of your amazing journey.